Bread pudding fan? This Chocolate Cherry Protein Bread Pudding in a Mug is a fun “dessert for breakfast” treat for any day of the week!
Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with NOW to bring you this recipe post and giveaway! I was compensated for my time, and as always, all opinions are my own.
February is American Heart Month, so I can think of no better time to share my favorite heart-healthy recipes and ingredients with you all. It’s no secret that breakfast is my passion and I try to carefully craft my morning meals to feature lots of nutrient dense foods. It’s the best opportunity to jump start the day with a balanced, satisfying meal to keep your energy level up all morning thanks to protein, fiber and plant-based omega 3 fats like chia, hemp, pumpkin and flax seeds. Since most people don’t consume enough omega 3’s, these seeds are a super easy and tasty way to give some love to your heart.
Why I’m a NOW fan:
I’m excited to partner with NOW to bring you this delicious post. They are a family owned business celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year! I first became a fan of NOW Foods for their high quality yet very affordable supplements. Then I discovered all the other awesome products in their line-up!
*NOW® is dedicated to providing customers with a comprehensive approach to wellness by offering more than 1,400 high-quality, natural and affordable products, from functional foods and supplements to sports nutrition and health & beauty products, as well as essential oils.
*NOW’s extensive line of more than 900 nutritional supplements offers innovative formulations which provide something for everyone to help meet their wellness needs, all at a great value. Customers can feel good knowing that what’s on the label is in the bottle. NOW goes above and beyond required cGMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) to ensure it brings pure and effective natural products to market. Specifically, NOW performs more than 16,000 tests on raw materials and finished products each month to make sure all products are safe from adulteration, contamination, and ingredient substitution. That’s a big deal!
*NOW® Sports is one of the few brands of natural sports products that does not use any artificial ingredients, including artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors.
*NOW’s family of food brands are all non-GMO and meet a variety of consumer needs, from gluten-free to gourmet.
Celebrate Heart Month by introducing NOW products into your kitchen:
I’ve been making lots of my recipes with ingredients from NOW including organic chia seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, organic raw cacao nibs, organic flax seed meal, organic hemp seeds and whey protein isolate. One of my latest obsessions is a Chocolate Cherry Protein Bread Pudding in a Mug. Chocolate and cherry is a fabulous flavor combo and I’ve created a protein and fiber packed breakfast that’s tasty, fun and filling. This recipe can be made ahead of time and left overnight in the fridge to microwave in the morning, It features NOW Better Stevia, raw cacao nibs and whey protein isolate. Enjoy this fun “dessert for breakfast” treat!
#ad Bread pudding fan? This Chocolate Cherry Protein Bread Pudding in a Mug is a fun “dessert for breakfast” treat for any day of the week! Click To Tweet
- 1 egg or 3 Tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder (or plant based if desired)
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 packets stevia
- 2 slices light whole wheat bread (40 calories per slice), cut into cubes.
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao nibs (divided)
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- In a microwave safe, flat bottomed mug combine egg, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Add protein powder, cocoa powder and stevia and mix well.
- Gently stir in bread and make sure each piece is well coated.
- Add frozen cherries and 2 teaspoons of the cacao nibs and gently combine.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute, stir gently, and microwave an additional 1 to 1 1/2 minutes making sure not to overcook it or the product will be dry.
- Remove from the microwave and top with remaining teaspoon of cacao nibs to serve.
1. If you cannot find cacao nibs, use mini chocolate chips. If you do, the recipe will be sweeter, and you likely will need to decrease the stevia.
2. Plant based protein powder will work as well and using chocolate flavored protein powder will make an even more chocolatey bread pudding.
ENTER THE NOW SWEEPSTAKES!
If you want a piece of the action and would love to win the amazing NOW products found in these recipes PLUS a copy of my cookbook, The Protein Packed Breakfast Club, enter the NOW Foods February sweepstakes! Click to enter! https://www.nowfoods.com/now/nowledge/love-your-breakfast-sweepstakes -Ends 2/23/18
NOW Foods February Sweepstakes
For more recipe inspiration, try my Creamy Orange Overnight Oats featuring NOW organic chia seeds, Better stevia, whey protein isolate and organic hemp seed hearts.
Pick up a copy of my cookbook (or win one) to find the recipe for a Pumpkin Flax Muffin in a Minute featuring NOW organic flax seed meal, Better stevia and raw pumpkin seeds.
For more info about NOW, check out this video about their anniversary and passion for bringing healthy products to market: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=8Mju8REIzHw
Sign up for the NOW e-newsletter on the bottom of their homepage to receive info about their monthly sweepstakes and great product info too! https://www.nowfoods.com/
Are you a NOW fan too? Which products are your favorites? Or, which ones would you like to try?
PIN FOR LATER