Do you love ice cream but avoid dairy, or are you trying to limit added sugar in your diet. This Banana Fudge Vegan Ice Cream is for you!
Let’s admit it, ice cream is a weakness for many of us. Buy a half gallon and it likely won’t stay in the freezer for long. With a pretty hefty sugar and saturated fat content, this frozen favorite is far from diet friendly. My Banana Fudge Vegan Ice Cream is packed with protein and fiber with no added sugar. This plant-based treat is sweet and satisfying and will please any family member. My husband and picky kids loved it. What they didn’t know is that they were benefitting from 3 heart healthy superfoods. The tofu, powdered peanut butter/peanuts and cocoa powder/nibs all contain heart health benefits. With an emphasis on including more plant based foods in our diets, this recipe is a perfect way to take a small step towards this goal.
Enjoy this chocolatey dessert for breakfast too! It’s an excellent morning meal packed with 22 grams of plant based protein and a whopping 12 grams of fiber for only 290 calories. That’s nearly 50% of your recommended daily fiber intake! As we celebrate American Heart Month, the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day, this “ice cream” is a simple dish to add to these festive events. Top it with extra chopped peanuts or cacao nibs for a satisfying crunch.
The full recipe yields approximately one cup which is fantastic for breakfast or two (1/2 cup) snack portions. If you want to make a larger batch, freeze the extra in small ramekins and microwave on defrost for 30 seconds to 1 minute before serving.
This Banana Fudge Vegan Ice Cream is #glutenfree and packed with 22g of #plantbased protein. Click To Tweet
- 3 ounces firm lite tofu (85g)
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 frozen, pre-sliced banana
- 5-6 peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao nibs or vegan chocolate chips
- Place first 4 items in order into a blender and process until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender a few times.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with peanuts and cacao nibs.
- Makes 1 cup= 1 large serving or two small servings.