Love avocado toast? Enjoy some healthy and fun food art with Sunny Eggs and Avocado Trees.
I love playing with my food. I never really thought about it much before I started taking food photos. Now whenever I see a picture of food art, it fascinates me. Each month I participate in The Recipe Redux where I create a recipe based on a theme. This round, we were prompted to “Get Your Fruits and Veggies in Shape” by showing how to serve the bounty of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts. I thought about playing around with cookie cutters or my spiralizer. Then the inspiration hit me! Enter my Sunny Eggs and Avocado Trees.
Any parent knows that feeling when your child comes home from school with ANOTHER fundraising catalog: gift wrap, candles, and for me the dreaded candy or cheesecake. Sigh. Last year, my daughter came home with an awesome catalog filled with kitchen gadgets, hallelujah! Included was this adorable cloud shaped silicon egg shaper. Sold!
I’m a huge fan of runny eggs on top of avocado toast. This is just another super fun way of presenting it. Perfect for any meal of the day, it’s very satisfying thanks to the protein, whole grains and healthy fats. Get the kids to help you cut and decorate the trees, it’s a wholesome meal for every member of the family.
Love avocado toast? Enjoy some healthy and fun food art with Sunny Eggs and Avocado Trees.… Click To Tweet
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white
- 2 slices light whole wheat toast
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the whole wheat bread to desired darkness.
- Meanwhile, using an egg mold, cook one egg in a saute pan until the white has set, repeat with the egg white.
- Slice the bread into 2 trunks and branches, arranging them to look like trees.
- Fill in the avocado to look like leaves and grass at the base of the trees.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Check out all of the fun ways my fellow recipe reduxers have prepared their fruits and veggies! Which one are you making first?