Smoothies are a fantastic breakfast, pre or post workout snack, or mid-afternoon pick me up. If you are not careful, the calories and sugar they contain can add up quickly, particularly when purchasing them at smoothie bars. This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie contributes only 105 calories to your day. The protein from the cottage cheese and the fiber from the pumpkin will help keep your hunger at bay. Plus, pumpkin is a fabulous source of many nutrients including Vitamins A and C, potassium, zinc, and fiber. This smoothie provides 155% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin A. Tasty and great for you too!
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ banana
- ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet stevia, monkfruit or sweetener of choice
- ½ cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until desired consistency is achieved. Dust with extra pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon as a garnish.
Serves 1: 105 calories, 2.2g fat, .8g sat fat, 5mg chol, 223mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 3.6g fiber, 7.7g sugar, 8.1g protein