These Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies are a guiltless way to enjoy a tasty treat without added sugars.
Pumpkin Pie is a quintessential holiday dessert. A traditional version of this tasty recipe can contain over 300 calories before the a la mode is figured into the mix. These Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies allow you to enjoy a guiltless sweet treat without adding refined sugar. It’s a great option for family members with diabetes or those following a gluten-free diet. Also low in sodium and less than 70 calories each, they are delicious as an everyday snack packed with 80% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin A. Have fun with different ways to shape the mini pies, and different toppings from a bit of whipped cream to vanilla Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
These Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies are a guiltless treat without added sugars! http://nutritionstarringyou.com/crustless-mini-pumpkin-pies/ Click To Tweet
- 1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz. or 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup granulated stevia (measures 1:1 with sugar) or ¼ cup spoonable Truvia
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 can fat free evaporated milk (12 oz)
- Truwhip or other natural whipped topping and cinnamon for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray silicone cupcake molds with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, making sure they are very well blended to avoid clumps of spice in the final product.
- Add stevia and egg whites, stirring in between ingredients.
- Add evaporated milk and whisk well.
- Pour liquid mixture into molds (approx ½ cup each) and bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and carefully remove from molds. Refrigerate to set. Take a small melon baller and place one ball of Truwhip or other whipped topping in center and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 9 single serve pies: (whipped topping not included in nutritional information)
Tips: You can also bake in a 9x9 brownie pan for 40-45 minutes and cut into 9 squares.