This fall favorite Pumpkin Fig Pistachio Overnight Oats is gluten-free, low sodium and packed with 25g protein and 10 grams of filling fiber!
Overnight oats fans raise your hands!
Early fall is a delicious crossover of fresh fig season and pumpkin season. These two beautiful ingredients pair so well in this Pumpkin Fig Pistachio Overnight Oats.
You all know that breakfast is my passion and it’s your best bet to get a head start on your protein and fiber goals for the day. Since most people complain that they don’t have time to make breakfast, overnight oats solves that challenge.
If you have a fig tree, you are a lucky human 🙂
Figs are like nature’s candy and they are around for such a short time during the late summer and early fall. Every year during this time, I feverishly play around in the kitchen to create new recipes while I have the opportunity. This one does not disappoint.
Of course, breakfast is an important opportunity to focus on nutrients of concern in our diets. This tasty grab and go meal provides 160% of your daily vitamin A, 30% of calcium and 20% of iron! Not too shabby.
This fall favorite Pumpkin Fig Pistachio Overnight Oats is #glutenfree, #lowsodium and packed with 25g protein and 10 grams of filling fiber! Click To Tweet
Overnight oats are really forgiving. If you like them thicker, use less milk, for a thinner product add more. You can add the figs and pistachios overnight to save time, I prefer to decorate with them in the morning to make a really pretty dish. I know, #FoodBloggerProblems 🙂 We have an obsession to make our food photo-worthy.
Regardless of its beauty, you’ll stay satisfied for hours thanks to the blood sugar stabilizing protein and fiber from the oats and fruit. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ packets stevia or preferred sweetener
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla flavored whey protein powder, preferably grass fed.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 small figs (2 ounces)
- 6 pistachios, chopped
- optional: ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup or stevia sweetened maple flavored syrup
- In a Mason jar or container with lid, add first 5 dry ingredients and stir.
- Add almond milk, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree, stir to combine.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, add figs and pistachios. Drizzle maple syrup on top if desired. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and serve.
Recipe tips and tweaks:
*If you want to make this recipe year-round and cannot find fresh figs, slice up a few dried ones and add them to the mixture to soften overnight.
*To ensure a gluten free dish, use certified gluten free oats.
*I used cinnamon to not overwhelm with spice but you can always use pumpkin pie spice if you are feeling extra festive.
*For a dairy free option, use plant based vanilla protein powder and swap the Greek yogurt for a plant based variety or simply delete it and double the almond milk instead.