Enjoy a healthier St. Patrick’s Day with this plant-based Minty Green Shamrock Smoothie!
With St. Patrick’s Day upon us, I just had to try a “Shamrock Shake”. I don’t think I’ve ever had a “real” one, though I figure it contains way more calories than I would be willing to consume. This version is vegan, gluten free, and is naturally green from the spinach. (You won’t taste it, I promise) I needed something minty and did not have peppermint extract. What to do? I crushed Altoid mints in a baggie and added them to the shake. Viola! Improvised minty goodness. Enjoy the Minty Green Shamrock Smoothie and have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Enjoy a healthier #StPatricksDay with this plant-based Minty Green Shamrock Smoothie! http://nutritionstarringyou.com/minty-green-shamrock-smoothie/ Click To Tweet
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla flavored vegan protein powder
- large handful of raw spinach
- 8 mini Altoid style breath mints- crushed in a baggie with the back of a spoon.
- 6 ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in order in a blender and blend until smooth.
Serves 1: 127 calories, 2g fat, 0g sat fat, 328mg sodium, 18g carbs, 8g fiber, 9g sugar, 12g protein
64% Vitamin A, 73% Calcium, 46% Vitamin C, 18% Iron