There has been a lot of buzz around plant based diets in the media over the past several years, and with good reason. Research has shown that plant based diets may help to lower the risk of “lifestyle diseases” including obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. A healthy, plant-based diet encourages lots of vegetables (cooked or raw), fruits, beans, peas, lentils, soybeans, seeds, and nuts.
We can all benefit from incorporating more of these foods into our routines, and Silk offers many products which help people easily include more servings of soy and other plant based options into their diets.
You don’t need to identify as a vegetarian or vegan to enjoy the benefits of soymilk.
Silk Soymilk products are:
– a source of at least 6 grams of heart healthy soy protein (except light chocolate soymilk)
– an excellent source of vitamin D and calcium.
– cholesterol free
– low in saturated fat
– dairy and lactose free
-free of high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors and preservatives
-free of gluten, casein, peanuts, egg and MSG
Did you know there are eleven varieties of Silk Soymilk available?? There’s something for everyone! Choose from: Original, Organic Original, Light Original, Organic Unsweetened, Organic Vanilla, Vanilla, Very Vanilla, Light Vanilla, Chocolate, Light Chocolate and DHA Omega 3.
How to pick? Since breakfast is my passion, I thought it would be fun to create a recipe featuring Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk. That way I get to enjoy the benefits of soymilk with less added sugar and fewer calories too! This Vegan Raspberry Vanilla Overnight Oats recipe contains 300 calories and 16 grams of protein to keep you energized and satisfied all morning.
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk
- 1/3 cup Silk Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Combine oats, protein powder and chia seeds in a jar or container with a lid.
- Add Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk and stir.
- Add Silk Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative and mix well.
- Add most of the raspberries and gently combine, reserving a few for a garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- If you prefer a warm breakfast, try heating the jar in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
301 calories, 7.5g fat, 0mg chol, 128mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate, 13g fiber, 15g sugar, 16g protein
Depending on the protein powder you use, you may need more soymilk. Some vegan protein powders soak up more liquid than others.
What are your favorite ways to savor Silk Soymilk? Have you created any recipes you would like to share? Tag me on social media- I’d love to see what you’ve imagined!
To learn more about the many products Silk has to offer, visit https://silk.com/signup to sign up for the newsletter and receive a coupon!
You can also follow them on Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram at @LoveMySilk or on Facebook at SilkUS.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Silk.