Summer nights just call for fruity, fizzy drinks, preferably those without hundreds of calories from added sugars. This Sparkling Watermelon Mocktail is light, refreshing and contains only 25 calories. Muddling the watermelon brings out the juices to flavor the drink and just a touch of lemonade gives it a zing. Of course, if you wish to make it a boozy evening, simply add a shot of your favorite single liquor such as vodka or rum. To keep your drink extra cold, try freezing cubes of watermelon and using them as a sweet substitute for ice.
- 1/2 cup watermelon cubes
- 8 ounces lemon/lime or plain seltzer or sparkling water
- 1/4 packet sugar free lemonade mix (preferably sweetened with stevia)
- Muddle watermelon in a glass.
- Add seltzer and lemonade mix.
- Stir gently- the powdered mixure will fizz in the seltzer at first.
- optional: add a shot of vodka, rum or other favorite alcohol
- Thread extra watermelon cubes onto a straw for garnish if desired.
24 calories, .1g fat, .1g sat fat, 1mg sodium, 5.8g carbohydrate, .3g fiber, 5g sugar, .5g protein
If you prefer a less sweet beverage, simply add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice instead of the powdered lemonade mix.
What are your favorite mocktail recipes? Please share!!