Are you a fan of parsnips? They are root vegetables similar to carrots, and have a high fiber content as well as potassium, vitamin C and antioxidants. This recipe for Parsnip Fries is an easy way to introduce a new vegetable to the family. Serve them like French fries with a small amount of organic ketchup or other favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 pound raw parsnips (approx. 4)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel parsnips and cut into thirds lengthwise.
- Then slice into strips similar to thick matchsticks.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt if desired.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
Makes 4 servings: 121 calories, 3.5g fat, .5g sat fat, 0mg chol, 11mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 6g sugar, 6g fiber, 1g protein.
I also love roasted parsnips in fall soups like butternut squash or carrot. How do you like to enjoy parsnips?