Enjoy this fun protein, fiber and nutrient packed breakfast on Halloween or any day.
Candy corn is a quintessential Halloween staple with nineteen pieces packing 140 calories and 32 grams of sugar. My kids love it, hubby hates it. I remember my mom buying Entenmann’s Halloween themed cupcakes topped with thick fudge, orange icing and candy corn. Can you say sugar coma? This “Candy Corn” Overnight Oats recipe mimics the colors of this sugary treat with none of the food dyes or simple sugars. You can use any yellow or orange colored fruit you have on hand. Serving it in a martini glass gives it a triangular appearance to resemble the shape of real candy corn. Enjoy it for a protein packed breakfast on Halloween morning, or a hearty, protein and fiber rich snack before trick-or-treating.
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 packet stevia
- 2 packed Tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder (1/2 scoop)
- 1/2 cup pichuberries, clementine slices or mandarin oranges
- 1/2 banana, sliced or 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- Add all ingredients except the fruit in a container with a lid and combine well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, in a martini glass add oat mixture, “orange” fruit layer and top with “yellow” fruit layer.