These BooBerry and Vanilla Banana Ghosts can easily be made gluten-free and vegan for a perfect, healthy Halloween recipe for class parties and kids snacks.
Halloween is such an exciting time for kids and an equally challenging time for parents. With multiple parties and candy galore, what can we serve our kids (and fun-loving adults) that’s festive, yet nutritious? These BooBerry and Vanilla Banana Ghosts are perfect treats for school parties and Halloween celebrations. This recipe is so easy, kids can do it. Make your ghosts vegan and/or gluten-free to address any allergies or food preferences. Switch up the yogurt flavors to add to the fun. Enjoy a happy and healthy Halloween!
- 4 ripe bananas, cut in half
- 1/4 cup blueberry Greek yogurt (or dairy free alternative)
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or dairy free alternative)
- toasted oat cereal (gluten free if desired)
- mini chocolate chips or pieces of raisins
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Insert a popsicle sticks into each banana half (I didn’t have any so I used coffee stirrers) and place on baking sheet
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Add the 2 flavors of yogurt to 2 different plates.
- Roll 4 banana halves into each flavor of yogurt and create a face with 2 toasted oats for eyes and one for a mouth. If desired, use a mini chip or piece of a raisin for each pupil.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Once frozen, if not consuming quickly, wrap each ghost in plastic wrap to store in freezer.
To make this recipe vegan, use a dairy free yogurt alternative and either sub out the chocolate chips for raisin pieces or use a vegan version.
To make this recipe gluten free, simply use gluten free toasted oats cereal and chips.
How do you “healthify” your Halloween?
Healthy #Halloween: BooBerry and Vanilla Banana Ghosts http://wp.me/p4LsrV-k3 Click To Tweet