This Berry Fruit Tart with Grape Balsamic Drizzle is a protein and fiber packed breakfast or dessert bursting with heart-healthy benefits from 100% grape juice, berries and whole grains!
By posting this recipe, I am entering my recipe into the Taste the Mighty Concord Welch’s Recipe Contest, a sponsored recipe contest in which I am eligible to win prizes. I was not compensated for my time.
When I stroll by the bakery case in the supermarket I can’t resist peeking, can you? My eyes always stop on the gorgeous fruit tarts with their beautiful array of fruit and a melty sugary glaze. Alas, I keep walking because short of a very special occasion, it’s too loaded with sugar, fat and calories for a regular day in my life. Well now, you can create a low sugar, low calorie, heart-healthy version of this delicious dessert in your own kitchen.
In honor of American Heart Month, Welch’s is sponsoring a Taste the Mighty Grape recipe contest! Did you know that thanks to the dark purple Concord grape, 100% grape juice helps support a healthy heart by promoting healthy circulation and keeping your blood pumping and energy flowing? Nearly 20 years of research say that 100% grape juice made with Concord grapes helps support a healthy heart. I have always been a fan, and while drinking it is wonderful, cooking with grape juice is not something many people think about. It’s so easy to make a grape balsamic drizzle-simply combine 100% grape juice and a little balsamic vinegar in a small bowl or ramekin and heat it in the microwave until it reduces to a syrup. You can drizzle it on fruit, oatmeal or yogurt. Forego the jelly in your PB and J and use the syrup instead. Really, there is no limit to the culinary yumminess you can create with grape juice 🙂
For this special contest, I’ve created a tasty dessert incorporating 100% grape juice that’s bursting with heart-healthy benefits thanks to polyphenols and fiber AND there’s no added sugar! This Berry Fruit Tart with Grape Balsamic Drizzle is protein-rich thanks to the fat-free ricotta cheese and loaded with fiber from 4 different berries plus the whole grain tortilla. I think this amazing dessert will become a new favorite!
#ad This Berry Fruit Tart with Grape Balsamic Drizzle is a protein and fiber packed dessert… Click To Tweet
- 1 whole grain tortilla (60-100) calories
- cooking spray
- 3 Tablespoons 100% grape juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 packets stevia or preferred sweetener
- 4 strawberries, stems removed and sliced thin
- 10 blueberries, halved
- 2 raspberries, halved
- 3 blackberries, halved
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 300 degrees
- Place tortilla on parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray it with cooking spray (like canola). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest and sweetener in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add grape juice and balsamic vinegar to another small bowl, cover and microwave for 2 ½ minutes until thickened to a syrup consistency that will coat a spoon. It will thicken more as it cools. You will have approximately 1 teaspoon of drizzle when finished.
- Spread ricotta mixture on the tortilla.
- Top with fruit arranging the strawberries on the outer edge, then blueberries in a circle at the end of the strawberries. Place raspberries and blackberries in the center.
- Drizzle with the grape syrup and sprinkle with extra lemon zest for garnish. I add the syrup to a small plastic sandwich bag and cut the corner to drizzle it on for better control.
- Slice into 6 slices with a pizza cutter and serve.
Enjoy the whole tart for a fiber and protein rich breakfast or 1/2 for a heart-healthy dessert.
I can’t wait to see what other awesome recipes my fellow bloggers create featuring 100% grape juice! Check them out below!